Virginia Freedom Builders’ day-to-day mission is to advance the cause of freedom on three fronts:
Personal and Economic Freedom – We will fight to limit the growth of government at the state AND federal level. Less government intrusion allows free individuals to achieve their economic dreams and pursue individual happiness. Our Founders envisioned a limited federal government and the incessant growth of the federal governments has stifled individual liberty and economic prosperity.
Educational Freedom – We will fight for an education system that empowers parents with the freedom to choose the best educational environment for their child. We fundamentally support the notion of school choice and believe all children have the right to pursue their God-given potential.
Energy Freedom – We will fight to restore sanity and free market ideas to energy policy in the United States. The increasing regulatory burden from the federal government and the EPA has increased our demand for energy from foreign sources. To be energy independent, we must rely on private sector research to develop the next generations of fuels and fuel efficiency technology and we must lift the overly restrictive regulations on domestic energy production.
Because of our support of Freedom on these three fronts, we will be actively engaged in public policy fights related to the following issues:
1. Supreme Court Appointments – We applaud President Trump’s commitment to appoint Supreme Court justices who will uphold constitutional first principles and NOT legislate from the bench. These justices will affect every area of freedom in our lives and it’s important that they support a limited view of government.
2. Repeal of Obamacare – The new Congress must immediately begin the work of repealing Obamacare and replacing it with a system that allows free markets to work and empowers Americans to choose their own doctor and purchase health insurance across state lines.
3. Comprehensive Immigration Reform – Americans support LEGAL immigration, but President Trump and the new Congress must work together to immediately secure our borders and uphold the rule of law when it comes to illegal immigration. Once the border is secure, we must begin the process of cracking down on immigrants who cross our borders illegally.
4. Federal Tax Reform – Americans are sick and tired of being taxed out of their homes and businesses. We applaud President Trump’s call for reducing federal income taxes and we encourage the new Congress to commit to passing tax policy that is flatter and fairer.
5. Fair Trade Policies – We believe in free trade, but our federal trade policies must crack down on NAFTA and other trade deals that are unfair to American workers and encourage currency manipulation from China.
If you support our fight for freedom in America, please join us or consider making a donation to the cause!